Card Game Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV]

4 posters

Go down

How broken is this deck?

Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_lcap33%Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_lcap67%Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_lcap0%Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Empty Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV]

Post by Chiaki Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 am

This is my Clown Control deck. I say with little ego that this is probably the best deck I have ever built. It's handled every easily, apart from Perfect Herald and Dandywarrior. My side is suited most to help those matchups.

And here you have it.

===========
Monsters: 20

3 Dream Clown
3 Blade Rabbit
3 Flip Flop Frog
2 Legendary Jujitsu Master
2 Spirit Reaper
1 Marshmallon
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
3 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
1 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8

Spells: 17

3 Pot of Duality
3 Stumbling
3 Messenger of Peace
3 Forbidden Chalice
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Level Limit - Area B

Traps: 3

3 Royal Decree
===========
===========
Side Deck: 15

2 Effect Veiler
2 Kinetic Soldier
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 Dimensional Fissure
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Twister
2 Corridor of Agony
===========

The deck is designed to lock the field with Decree as my spells hold things together. During which my Clowns, Frogs and Rabbits stop them from having a monster. It's cool because Frog doesn't target. The stall is just for allowing Horus LV6 to come out without getting hit by Bottomless or Warning, then swiping a monster to bring out LV8 for complete lockdown. I used to run 3 Book of Moon, but since that is to 1, it is time to bring the Chalices from the old side into the main for more effective monster control.

The sides should be fairly obvious. Dimensional Fissure stops things that want to go to the grave. Dandylion in particular, Plants, Chaos, Lightsworn. The MST and Twisters are for general spell cleanup, intended primarily to tag Gateway of the Six and Necrovalley. Corridor is for Sabers and Gladiator Beasts. And Kinetic Soldier is to wreck Six Samurai. It goes underneath Messenger and Level Limit, so it's awesome.

And that's about it.
Chiaki
Chiaki
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Empty Re: Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV]

Post by Kelptic183 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 am

I like it. You could main D-Fissure without any trouble, too. I don't think you need to side Corridor. The main looks very solid. Maybe a Neo-Spacian Grand Mole over Plaguespreader would be my only suggestion, besides maining those D-Fissures. They wreck so much of the meta right now, it's not even funny.
Kelptic183
Kelptic183

Back to top Go down

Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV] Empty Re: Are you down with the Clown? [TCG-ADV]

Post by crazyninja3000 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:36 am

I feel that this deck needs some sort of draw power, apart from PoD.
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiaki Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 pm

The only real option would be Upstart Goblin. I don't have space for it.

Honestly, the 3 Duality have held the deck together just fine.
Chiaki
Chiaki
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyninja3000 Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Realized you had three Forbidden Chalice. Why?
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonefire333 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Down with the Clown till I'm dead in the ground!!!

Interesting Clown build, it looks pretty solid. No fixes.

I run a Clown/Morphtronic Clock OTK that works pretty smoothly.
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiaki Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:34 pm

The Chalices are to stop any sort of problem effects in their tracks. It's mainly there as a defense for Black Rose Dragon, Caius, etc.
Chiaki
Chiaki
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum