Card Game Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems]

5 posters

Go down

Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems] Empty Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems]

Post by Sobia6464 Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 am

This thread is for all discussion involving the Zelda series.

Feel free to review any Zelda games that you have played. make sure to give an overall score out of 10. Your CGC user will go after the review if you right one.

SPOILERS MAY BE IN REVIEWS!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

One of the first Zelda games I have ever seriously gotten into. I have played Zelda before, but this game was the first real "Mile Stone" for the Zelda franchise. It was for the Nintendo64 console, as well as the Gamecube later on. Eventually a "Master Quest" version of the game was made, which was considerably more difficult than the original.

The story starts off in the Kokiri Forest, where everyone there is a "Kokiri", easily distinguished by their green tunics, fairies, short stature, usually orange hair (not all the time), and overall kid-like qualities. There is one Kokiri who does not have a fairy, and the leader of the Kokiri, the Great Deku Tree, sends a Fairy named Navi to him. The boys name is whatever name you input for yourself, but his real name is Link. The fairy informs link that The Great Deku Tree wishes to speak with him. You go down to see your friend Sariah, a female Kokiri with Green hair and slightly taller then the rest. After talking to her, you go on a short quest to find a sword and a shield. After that, you are allowed to go see the Deku Tree.

From there on, you have to collect the three spiritual stones in order to open the gates of time and get the Triforce, a sacred relic left by the gods that grants whoever touches it their desires. You go see Zelda, a princess at Hyrule castle far away from your little home, Kokiri Forest. After sneaking around to see her, she informs you she thinks that Ganondwarf, a man swearing allegiance to her father (king of Hyrule), is evil. After defeating the evil within the Deku tree, the Mines, and the whale, you have all you're jewels. As you are attempting to go back and meet Zelda, she is running away from the Castle. She throws you an Ocarina, which misses and goes in the moat around the castle. Ganondwarf has betrayed the king and was chasing the Princess. You try to stand up to him, but he knocks you on your ass and goes riding off. After retrieving the Ocarina in the moat, you go to the temple of time and open the door of time. Inside is nothing but a room. In the middle there is a pedestal with a sword in it. Navi informs you that is the master sword. You pull it out, and a white light shines forth. You see Ganondwarf's face as he informs you he followed you and used you to pull the master sword so he could get into the sacred realm and obtain the triforce.

You wake up to a sage explaining to you there is 6 more sages and you would need them all to seal ganon away. You go on yet another adventure to save the 6 sages, and many of them you have seen before (including one you got engaged to during the game!).

The game has many unique items such as the Bomb Chu, Din's Fire, Fairy Bow, and much much more! The action of the game is intense, and the Characters are unique individuals, many of whom have their own stories. The game includes navigated through forests, deserts, through guard infested areas, temples, and much much more. The map is huge and the replay value is high. Even when you beat the game, there is far too many side-quests in the game for you to ever get bored with it. All in all, I rate it:

9.5/10

-Sobia6464

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game was the second Zelda game I ever fell in love with. I would rate it at the same level as Ocarina of Time, except with a few better qualities. The overall playability of this game was outstanding and the replay value was high. It was released for the gamecube and Wii consoles. I played it for the Gamecube. Does it make a difference? Not really except for one minor and one major difference. The minor difference being the controls, which obviously once you got used to them wouldn't be any trouble at all. The major difference between the GC and Wii versions was that the Wii version is a MIRROR IMAGE of the GC version. Meaning if you had to take a right on the GC version, it would be a left on the Wii. This knowledge is needed if you are going to try to depend on a guide. Make sure you get the right one, or you will be confused heavily.

This game starts off as you sitting by a body of water as Link, the main character. You are a simple farmer-type boy who is living in his little village with all of your friends. You have your own horse (who you get to name) named Epona. You are given the honor to take a sword made by a friend named Russel, to Hyrule Castle. But before this could happen, the children of the village chase a monkey and one of them gets captured by a goblin. You rescue the kid, but then tour friend realized (name escapes me at the moment) that Epona was hurt. She goes to heal her and you have to get to her via a secret tunnel. When you do, she agrees to let you take Epona and go. Then a group of goblin attacks you and takes away your friend and horse. The leader of the goblins is upon his Pig, and you are directly under the pigs nose. The goblin, being tall, doesn't see you. They retreat and when you come to you give chase only to be halted by a giant black and orange barrier. It pulls you in and you transform into a wolf and are imprisoned.

You end up escaping with the help of a new friend, Midna. She remains with you throughout the game. Your goal is to get all the tears of light and bring light back to the land of Hyrule, which has been covered in twilight. You must see all of the light creatures and give them their light back. After each creature obtains their light, you need to go to the temple in an attempt to get the 3 other pieces of a mask that Midna already has one of (and she wears it). Her goal is to defeat the "King of Twilight," Zant. You agree to help her and dawn the legendary hero's tunic (Link's Signature Look).

After you get all the masks, you realize you are still no match for Zant as he makes a special appearance for you. Then you have to go to the Mirror of Twilight in order to enter the Twilight Realm and Re-Challenge him. Upon going through the Spirit Temple in the desert, you get to the mirror and a surprise awaits you. Your new adventure awaits.

Don't think Zant is the main boss throughout this game. He suddenly rose to power for a reason. Someone gave it to him and that someone is the true enemy.

Overall, the graphics on this game are outstanding. The playability is flawless. The execution of the complex temples are absurdly great. Nintendo has actually ventured further into being evil because with this game, it is the first game of the Zelda series to introduce heart pieces inside dungeons. Suddenly, beating the game got slightly more difficult. This game tried to re-capture the essence obtained from Ocarina of Time, and it did that beautifully. With the slightly added features in this game and the more unique items, this game is easily my favorite so far.

10/10

-Sobia6464

Last edited by Sobia6464 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems] Empty Re: Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems]

Post by crazyninja3000 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 am

The only Zelda game I've played is The Minish Cap...
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems] Empty Re: Zelda Discussion [Nintendo Systems]

Post by Sobia6464 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 am

Well you should try to play Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Those were my two favorites.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoko Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:44 am

Twilight Princess was amazing. I've even finished all but one of the side quests. Razz

I'm playing OoT right now, and I just finished the Fire Temple. I lol'd when the final boss was a game of whack-a-mole.
Yoko
Yoko
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyninja3000 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 am

Sobia6464 wrote:Well you should try to play Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Those were my two favorites.

Twilight Princess is a First Person game with violence; in other words, my parents won't let me play it >.>

And I don't have a 64 for OoT...
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Which Side quest didn't you finish? I may be able to assist you on it Very Happy

So next you are going to the water temple... My most hated temple. It deals with raising and lowering the water all the time. BTW, you will be fighting one of the most difficult mini-bosses in the game in the water temple. Its you. Bring the item called "Din's Fire" with you and make sure you have some magic to spare when you fight him. It will help. Also, the hammer helps a lot if you do not have any magic left. Sword is pointless, stop trying. Godd luck.

If you need any help with anything let me know.

@Ninja - Really? O.o that's a little strict. It's not that bad, and it doesn't even show blood.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyninja3000 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Sobia6464 wrote:Which Side quest didn't you finish? I may be able to assist you on it Very Happy

So next you are going to the water temple... My most hated temple. It deals with raising and lowering the water all the time. BTW, you will be fighting one of the most difficult mini-bosses in the game in the water temple. Its you. Bring the item called "Din's Fire" with you and make sure you have some magic to spare when you fight him. It will help. Also, the hammer helps a lot if you do not have any magic left. Sword is pointless, stop trying. Godd luck.

@Ninja - Really? O.o that's a little strict. It's not that bad, and it doesn't even show blood.

It says animated blood on the box.

That's all my parents need >.>
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:13 pm

It's like a flash of red. It lets you know you made contact with the person.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyninja3000 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Sobia6464 wrote:It's like a flash of red. It lets you know you made contact with the person.

It's still considered blood >.>

I like the new review.
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by The Yugioh PRO Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 am

I Played and finished almost every game. I Can't beat the original Legend of zelda. Razz
The Yugioh PRO
The Yugioh PRO
Admin
Admin

https://cardgamecentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonefire333 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Kill your parents and power your N64 with their souls Very Happy

OoT and Twilight Princess are my favorites. Original is also very good Smile
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoko Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Sobia6464 wrote:Which Side quest didn't you finish? I may be able to assist you on it Very Happy

Well, ATM I'm exploring a cave near the dock where Jabu Jabu was, so I'm not even sure if I'm in the right place Razz I have Din's Fire and Farore's Wind, so the only Goddess power I'm missing is Nayru's Love.

on Twilight Princess, my only incomplete side quest is collecting the Poe Souls. I've got a full heart meter, all weapons, beaten the Cave of Ordeals, beaten Ganondorf who knows how many times. (it's really funny if you use your fishing rod. Razz) and whatnot.

WAIT!! I LIED!! I still haven't unlocked the frog lure at the fishing hole (I hate that mini game) or caught that really big legendary fish. Razz

Oh, and my older brother has beaten OoT before, so I do know a bit about the various bosses/temples. he said Water Temple is the most frustrating one.
Yoko
Yoko
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm

First you have to get the iron boots (around jabu jabu when it is frozen over in the ice cave, so you are in the right place).

The water temple is... just annoying. lol

I beat Roll Goal! Took forever! Got all the poe souls too. Was not too difficult, but I had to run around a lot.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoko Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, that's good to know. I just need the other bottles. I've found only 2 isn't quite enough. I have thawed out the King Zora, though, so I have a blue tunic. Smile
Yoko
Yoko
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Good, you are going to need that.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyninja3000 Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 am

Anyone know anything about Skyward Sword?
crazyninja3000
crazyninja3000
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 am

What is that?
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down