Card Game Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it really 4G?

3 posters

Go down

Is it really 4G? Empty Is it really 4G?

Post by Sobia6464 Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 pm

First of all, if you clicked on this, good job seeking knowledge. I'm sure, since all of use are, you are affected by technology. One of the most common technological invention that is constantly advancing on a daily basis is the Cellular telecommunication device. This is commonly known as the Cell phone.

I am sure you have noticed networks and companies going "4G" from the "3G" of the yester-year. You instinctively think "4G? That sounds way better then 3G!" If you though that, congratulations, you are correct. In fact, "4G" is far better then "3G", but NO NETWORK is technically 4G yet. That's right, they are lying to you.

What does 4G really mean though? It's just a standard (such as a meter or kilometer) that, instead of distance, measures how much data can be transmitted and received in a mobile device while stationary and while moving (yes, they vary greatly). That should satisfy your needs at the moment for the definition.

Why aren't any companies this so called "4G?" Well, they aren't "3G" either. Most companies are far above "3G" requirements, but far below "4G" requirements. What are these requirements? You can look to the link at the bottom for more information. In other words, 2' 9" isn't 3 feet. It's far above 2 feet, but far below 3 feet (and not in the middle, but more towards the larger portion of the two). Truth be told, even if the company WAS "4G", you more then likely wouldn't need all that speed on a cell phone anyway.

To read some more information (a little article, not a wall of text) and to understand what I mean, click the link that follows. I hope you liked this article and I hope this has made you think twice about your purchase of a cell phone or the cell phone companies themselves. It's just something they do in order to make money, in my opinion anyway. What do you think?

http://phandroid.com/2010/10/21/guest-post-whats-in-a-g-why-you-might-not-be-on-4g-or-even-3g/
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Is it really 4G? Empty Re: Is it really 4G?

Post by staypositive Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

i think wifi is the way to go.

staypositive
staypositive
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Well, even on wifi your cellphone can only download data at a certain MBps rate. It's just faster because the access point is closer to your phone.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by staypositive Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 pm

fast for the impatient like me

. my phone is 3g
staypositive
staypositive
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:20 pm

You don't even need the speed your phone "uses." It doesn't make things under 1MB work or download any faster (most things on your phone are in kb, not mb)
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by LucienWolf Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am

The G's itself doesn't exist correctly.

In fact, there wasn't even considered to be a "G" when any cell phone was out before "3G"

Wi-Fi will always be faster then any G. This is like Sobia said, it's a "Closer" contact.

Cell Phone's are driven off "Bandwidth Technologies." Because they use Satellites(Almost like Radio Stations, but slightly different), they use a Bandwidth technology. Bandwidth is formed by 2 Frequency's(One really high, and the other really low(most common form is the regular telephone). For data, both frequency's are VERY high.

The data is probably stored on GHz(Hertz, the "h" is for Frequency) is probably used on THz speed. Thus, communication is now faster, then using a GHz speed. Then your phone decrypts the data from the carrier.

That's all. When you talk on the telephone, your voice is transmitted by frequency's, and then the phone decrypts the frequencies at the phone, and then you hear it.
LucienWolf
LucienWolf
Mod/GFX/CotW
Mod/GFX/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sobia6464 Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 am

The G is just a standard of how many MBps or KBps your phone can download. When smart phones started coming out, the G became important.
Sobia6464
Sobia6464
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by staypositive Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

i download gbs on my phone a day my android has more bigger programs then my apple iPhone i used to use, only because android lets you download files . use word prossers . adobe programs n free mps straight from anywhere. my iphone didnt do that. iphone five coming in june will have vidio on the safari but no downloads like andriod, apples 3g is nice. but point less . my phone is Samsung fascinate. i got it in october right before htc when 4g and most of sprint and verizons android based phones did. but since the 4g is so small now i doubt ill upgrade my 3g android for a few years
staypositive
staypositive
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum