Card Game Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th

Go down

Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th Empty Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th

Post by Lonefire333 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Monday:

Black Sun's Zenith
(X)BB
Sorcery
Put X -1/-1 counters on each creature. Shuffle Black Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

Lonefire: Black Sun is the first Sun of this week. Being the most expensive Sun it comes with an impressive effect. For a mere 2 Black, you pay X to -X/-X ALL creatures and shuffle it. This card is perfect in Deadspread and Infect decks. Deserving of its hype, I rate it a
Standard - 5/5
Art - 5/5 Black Sun is my Sun Wink

LucienWolf: A massive removal spell when used with the correct amount of mana. This is a pure-hate spell. This is a good spell to either power-down creatures, or just kill ones who aren't strong enough. This is an often used spell in T2, and more commonly found in EDH.
Card Art - 4/5
Standard - 4/5
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th Empty Re: Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th

Post by Lonefire333 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 am

Tuesday:

Blue Sun's Zenith
(X)UUU
Instant
Target player draws X cards. Shuffle Blue Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

Lonefire: Our second Sun of the week and a draw spell at that. I feel it is 1 U too expensive to be used in my opinion. For Blue draw there are smaller CMC cards to run. It is an Instant though, so that may make up for the slightly high CMC.
Standard - 3/5
Art - 4/5
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th Empty Re: Card of the Day: March 14th to 18th

Post by Lonefire333 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Wednesday:

Green Sun's Zenith
(X)G
Sorcery
Search your library for a green creature card with converted mana cost X or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Shuffle Green Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

Lonefire: This card is an absolute beast. Being able to pull any Green Creature out is a very powerful ability. Works great in Elves, Big Green, and Infect decks. One of my favorite Sun's by far.
Standard - 5/5
Art - 3/5
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonefire333 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:59 am

Thursday:

Red Sun's Zenith
(X)R
Sorcery
Red Sun's Zenith deals X damage to target creature or player. If a creature dealt damage this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead. Shuffle Red Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

Lonefire: Another great Sun, this one burns with the fiery passion of the Great Furnace. Being able to deal (X) damage for 1 R is great AND it exiles, which is rare for Red. If you are facing bigger decks then your Lightning Bolts can handle, this is the tool you are looking for.
Standard - 5/5
Art - 4/5
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonefire333 Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Friday:

White Sun's Zenith
(X)WWW
Instant
Put X 2/2 white Cat creature tokens onto the battlefield. Shuffle White Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

Lonefire: This card is a little pricey and outdone by some other cards in Standard, but the abilitiy to be reused and producing 2/2s is nothing to scoff at. I would run this card after Zendikar cycles out.
Standard - 2/5
Art - 4/5
Lonefire333
Lonefire333
Mod/CotW
Mod/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down