Card Game Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin

2 posters

Go down

Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin Empty Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin

Post by LucienWolf Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:38 am

The Arcana Force monsters are a series of monster that debuted in Light of Destruction. Each of these monsters have "Arcana Force" in their names and their support Spell and Trap cards.

Every Arcana monster features a Roman Numeral Number. Also, every Arcana Monster is 1000 + Number X 100(Number being the Roman Numerals in their name) EXCEPT The Fool. Were going to start with the monsters.

Arcana Force 0 - The Fool
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. This card cannot be changed to Defense Position, except with a card effect. When this card is Summoned, toss a coin: ● Heads: Negate the effects of your Spells, Traps and Effect Monsters' effects that target this card, and destroy them. ● Tails: Negate the effects of your opponent's Spells, Traps and Effect Monsters' effects that target this card, and destroy them.

Basically a Reaper/Marshmallon with additional effects. I personally run 2 of him, depending on the build, run 3.

Arcana Force I - The Magician
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: When a Spell Card is activated, this card's ATK becomes double its original ATK until the End Phase of that turn. ● Tails: When a Spell Card is activated, your opponent gains 500 Life Points.

This guy either Double's his attack, or let's your opponent gain life points. Either way, he can be useful. With a Bad Reaction of Simochi, it's worth doing the coin flip, however, if not, your probably fighting an uphill battle.

Run 0.

Arcana Force III - The Empress
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Each time your opponent Normal Summons or Sets a monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Arcana Force" monster from your hand. ● Tails: Each time your opponent Normal Summons or Sets a monster, send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard.

The Empress has one of the most devastating effects. Either Field advantage, or Hand disadvantage. If you have Light Barrier in effect, fear not on summoning her. However, if you get Tails, this game is practically over until your opponent has game.

Run 2.

Arcana Force IV - The Emperor
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: All "Arcana Force" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. ● Tails: All "Arcana Force" monsters you control lose 500 ATK.

The Emperor is either a Solidarity for your Arcana's for each a Weakest Link for your Arcana's. Either Way, he's effective with the right combination of cards.

Run 2.

Arcana Force VI - The Lovers
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of an "Arcana Force" monster. ● Tails: You cannot Tribute Summon "Arcana Force" monsters.

Neither one of these effects shall hurt you that much.

Run 3.

Arcana Force VII - The Chariot
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon that monster to your side of the field. ● Tails: Your opponent gains control of this card.

Goyo Anyone? Or Change of Heart? Your Coin toss will decide that.

Run 2.

Arcana Force XIV - Temperance
During either player's turn, you can discard this card to reduce the damage you take from a battle to 0. When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: Halve all Battle Damage you take. ● Tails: Halve all Battle Damage your opponent takes.

Well you don't often tribute summon Arcana Monsters. But, his first effect I take pride in using.

Run 2.

Arcana Force XVIII - The Moon
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: During your Standby Phase, you can Special Summon 1 "Moon Token" (Fairy-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). ● Tails: During each of your End Phases, select 1 monster you control and give control of it to your opponent.

Well, as I said before you don't often tribute summon, however, you either got a token generator for tributing, or your monsters have a "Change of Heart" at your End Phase.

If any, Run 1.

Arcana Force XXI - The World
When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: During your End Phase, you can send 2 monsters you control to the Graveyard to skip your opponent's next turn. ● Tails: During your opponent's Draw Phase, add the top card of their Graveyard to their hand.

This guy is simply a game ender if you have 2 monsters, and a heads effect. Considering I like Swarming Arcana monsters, that should be no problem. If you don't then oh well....

Run 2.

Arcana Force EX - The Dark Ruler
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by sending 3 monsters you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. If this card battles twice using this effect, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. This card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect. ● Tails: If this card is destroyed, destroy all cards on the field.

IMO, this guy is terrible. It's nice to have a 4000 Beater, but cetainly not worth it.

Run 0.

Arcana Force EX - The Light Ruler
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by sending 3 monsters you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, toss a coin: ● Heads: When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can add 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand. ● Tails: When an effect of a Spell, Trap or Effect Monster's effect that targets this card is activated, negate its activation and destroy it, and this card loses 1000 ATK.

IMO, this guy is also terrible(but better then Dark Ruler). His effect to add 1 card is wonderful. His effect to negate spells and traps isn't too bad either. Giving up 3 monsters at 2000+ Atk is though.

Run 0.

Monster Support:
Heralds: They can negate some effects, some traps, and some spells.
Honest: He can tear a higher monster attacking an Arcana Force monster to shreds.
Athena: Let's swap out Arcana's and deal 600!(I hope I have the right monster, lol)

Spell Support
Light Barrier - With heads, you can choose Arcana's Coin Effect
Solidarity - Everything in the deck fairies? You got yourself an additional 800 ATK points.

Trap Support
By Order of the Emperor - Huge + generator. If used in conjunction with Light Barrier, you either choose effect, or essentially draw a card from a normal summon
Ultimate Offering - Swarm
Reversal of Fate - Choose the opposite coin flip
Arcana Call - You can use the same coin toss for a different monster.

The Deck:

x2 Arcana Force 0 - The Fool
x2 Arcana Force III - The Empress
x2 Arcana Force IV - The Emperor
x2 Arcana Force VI - The Lovers
x2 Arcana Force VII - The Chariot
x2 Arcana Force XIV - The Temperance
x1 Arcana Force XVIII - The Moon
x2 Arcana Force XXI - The World
x1 Honest
x2 Herald of Purple Light
x2 Herald of Green Light
x1 Herald of Orange Light

x3 Light Barrier
x2 Solidarity
x1 Giant Trunade
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon

x3 By Order of the Emperor
x2 Ultimate Offering
x1 Solemn Judgment
x2 Dark Bribe
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Torrential Tribute

Any Suggestions?
When you go for game by using The World, your opponent's field must be cleared... Dark Hole + Trunade? Summon Arcana + Torrential Or use your protective traps.

LucienWolf
LucienWolf
Mod/GFX/CotW
Mod/GFX/CotW

Back to top Go down

Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin Empty Re: Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin

Post by caralove Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 am

I must admit,, I have always been quite intrigued by this Arch-type, however any of my ideas I have ever had in regards to them has never born any fruit. So Cara will not be much help in the deck Idea area. Looks really fun to! is she? and a big kudos to you for giving them a whirl .........

cara
caralove
caralove
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin Empty Re: Arcana Force - I flipped the wrong coin

Post by LucienWolf Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks Cara, also there is another way to provide the lock-down, but it's only base is "The World,"(this build uses the froggy engine) This is purely the archtype build, and utilizing the By Order of the Emperor to generate +'s. The deck lacks special summoning of the Arcana monsters cause in order for me to negate any possible neg. effect from happening, I have to normal summon them.

Also, there's another variant of a control style that uses the Herald's instead to negate some effects.
LucienWolf
LucienWolf
Mod/GFX/CotW
Mod/GFX/CotW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down